Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stupid Airline Fees

So you may have noticed that Airlines have been charging for checked bags. MOST airlines now are charging for the 1st checked bag, and anything else that follows. They claim it's so they don't have to raise ticket prices. However, the airline industry made 13 BILLION dollars in profit last year from such fees. Realizing how lucrative it is, Spirit Airlines has now officially implemented a $30 fee for CARRY ONS. It just makes me sick. I mean, i'm sorry, but your reason for charging us fees is so you don't have to "raise prices"? Then why is my plane ticket $300-$400 a person? Explain that to me airlines! If other airlines follow suit and start charging carry on fees I think there will be a riot. When the smoke clears, probably the only airline that will be left un-marked will be Southwest. It is the only airline that has not followed the trend where luggage is concerned. Granted, it charges a fee for luggage, but only after the 1st TWO. Strange how every time I board a Southwest plane it's completely packed, but if I fly, say, ANYONE ELSE, there is almost always a seat (or seats) available. Take note airlines! Keep up the fees and you won't have an airline left!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hear, hear! Good on ya! WE LOVE SOUTHWEST!!!